Do you wish to fertilize corn in Florida, however don’t know when the perfect time to take action is?
Fertilizing corn isn’t as straightforward because it appears.
Right here’s why:
- Corn require a selected time to be fertilized and a selected quantity of fertilization.
So should you fertilize them too early they are going to die and should you fertilize them too late you gained’t get any fruit.
And should you fertilize an excessive amount of you’ll “burn” your plant and should you don’t fertilize sufficient your corn plant gained’t develop rapidly and enormous sufficient to bear a excessive yield of fruit.
Right this moment, I’m going to show you the perfect time to fertilize corn in Florida:
- To Be taught Extra About WHEN To Fertilize Corn, Test Out This GUIDE!
When to Fertilize Corn in Florida
There are two particular instances you need to fertilize your corn crops:
- It is best to instantly fertilize your corn crops with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer combine. The fertilizer ought to both be combined with the soil you’re planting or within the gap earlier than you transplant your corn into the bottom. This can permit your crops to develop faster and bigger.
- The second spherical of fertilization needs to be utilized simply as your corn plant begins to develop fruit. You’ll want to nonetheless use a 10-10-10 balanced fertilizer combine. You’ll want to apply it to your soil and instantly water after. This can permit your corn plant to bear greater and extra fruit.
When NOT to Fertilize Corn in Florida
There are particular instances you shouldn’t fertilize your corn plant.
- Don’t fertilize seedlings which might be lower than 1 month outdated.
- Don’t fertilize corn crops with out instantly watering them after.
- Don’t fertilize corn crops as soon as they’ve ripened fruit on them.
- Don’t fertilize corn after the preliminary fertilization interval or earlier than fruit begins to develop in your plant.
How A lot Fertilizer Ought to I Apply to My Corn Crops?
The quantity of fertilization you apply will rely on the particular kind of corn plant you could have.
As a basic rule you need to:
- At all times observe the directions in your fertilizer bundle. By no means apply greater than the beneficial quantity.
- Apply the right quantity of fertilization round your corn plant and by no means immediately on it or on its stem.
- Present the identical quantity of fertilization every time you apply it in order that your corn plant doesn’t turn into shocked by too many or too few vitamins.
If you wish to be taught WHEN to Fertilize ANY Plant in Florida, head over HERE and simply kind within the plant you wish to fertilize.
It’s also possible to discover the BEST Fertilizers for Corn or Any Plant HERE.