The Rosa Barba Casanovas Worldwide Panorama Structure Prize seeks to honor the “finest and most modern practices in panorama structure.” The 2023 prize will probably be awarded to a panorama that was constructed between 2017 to 2022. The winner will take dwelling €15,000 (US $15,879) and a signed lithograph by Spanish artist Perico Pastor.
All tasks submitted for the prize will probably be printed within the biennial’s ebook catalogue and featured in an exhibition in Barcelona, Spain, and a web site. And seven-11 finalists will probably be invited by the prize jury to go to Barcelona and lecture on the biennial symposium, which will probably be held November 27-28, 2023.
The prize jury contains:
- Gareth Doherty, ASLA, affiliate professor of panorama structure on the Harvard Graduate College of Design
- Martha Fajardo, a Colombian panorama architect and architect
- Julio Gaeta, an architect and founding father of ELARQA, a analysis heart
- Bruno Marques, president of the Worldwide Federation of Panorama Architects (IFLA), registered panorama architect, and college educator.
- Kotchakorn Voraakhom, Worldwide ASLA, founding father of Landprocess
The organizers state that for the reason that first biennial in 1999, the prize has been a “barometer” of “tendencies, social issues,” and achievement within the discipline of panorama structure. Prize winners replicate the most effective examples of “intervention [in] and restoration of panorama and territory.”
The deadline to submit tasks is Could 30, 2023. The submission charge is €90 (US$95). Every panorama structure agency can submit a most of 5 tasks.
Discover previous winners, together with the 2021 winner — Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn, New York, designed by Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates.